BREAKING NEWS: Ehsaas Rashan Program
The 8123 Ehsaas Rashan Program was established with the aim of offering monthly ration assistance to impoverished individuals. Similarly, the Ehsaas Program 8171 endeavors to extend this support to the disadvantaged and those lacking adequate assistance. Initiated by Imran Khan, this program has been retained due to its commendable success in aiding underprivileged families to sustain themselves.
Under the Ehsaas Rashan program, monthly ration support was allocated to individuals with disabilities, orphans, and widowed women lacking financial support. These beneficiaries received a monthly ration of two thousand rupees.
To enroll in the Ehsaas Rashan program, individuals are required to submit their CNIC number to 8123. Upon submission, the program initiates a verification process to assess the genuine need and eligibility of the applicant. Once evaluated, applicants receive a confirmation message on their registered mobile numbers regarding their acceptance or rejection from the program.
Beneficiaries eligible for support under the Ehsaas Program and Benazir Income Support Program also qualify for the Rashan program, entitling them to a monthly ration worth Rs. 2000.
The Rashan Program was established ahead of Ramadan with the intent of providing a 20 percent discount on essentials like ghee, sugar, and flour during the holy month. Those eligible under the Benazir Income Support Program were promised a 40 percent discount; however, this aspect of the program did not materialize. To register for this initiative, individuals were required to send a message to 8123 using the contact number registered on their CNIC.
An update to the Ehsaas Ration Program includes families already receiving financial aid from the Benazir Income Support Program being eligible for additional government-provided rations. Families with a PMK score below 40% are entitled to free rations from the Government of Pakistan. Those who receive an SMS from 8171 for rations can avail discounts by visiting their nearest utility store.
Another initiative, the 8070 Free Atta program, was introduced by the Pakistani government. Deserving individuals were granted 30 kilograms of flour for free during Ramadan. The process to benefit from this program was straightforward—registrants could collect their allocation from the utility store after registering for the program.
On May 13, 2023, following the conclusion of Eid, the Ehsaas Rashan Program was terminated. Subsequently, in response to the prevailing inflation and considering the plight of the impoverished, the government of Pakistan announced the formulation of a new program. In a recent meeting, the federal minister proposed the reinstatement of the Ehsaas Rashan Program.
Acknowledging the soaring inflation, where the allocated two thousand rupees scarcely covered basic essentials, the government resolved to increase the program’s budget substantially. The budget was amplified from two to three and a half billion rupees. This augmentation signifies that each family will now receive a discount of 4,500 rupees monthly on essential commodities like lentils, sugar, flour, ghee, etc.
Previously, registration for this program required individuals to send their National Identity Card number to 8123. However, the registration process has now undergone a change and is being managed through Konnect. The method for distributing these rations and the registration process are yet to be confirmed.
The 5566 Utility Store provides opportunities for individuals to access discounts through the Ehsaas Ration Program. Deserving and impoverished individuals receive a 40% discount, while others are eligible for a 20% discount on essential items such as lentils, rice, sugar, and flour. To enroll, visit a nearby service center.
To register for the Ehsaas Rashan Program via 8123, follow these steps:
1. Send a message to 8123.
2. Share your CNIC number with 8123.
Note: Ensure messages are sent from your registered SIM.
3. Wait for a confirmation message.
The government of Pakistan has re-launched the Ehsaas ration program with an improved and simplified registration process. The steps are as follows:
1. Send your CNIC number to 8123.
2. You will receive an eligibility message through 8123.
3. If deemed ineligible, visit the nearest e-service center immediately with your ID card for further assessment.
4. Eligible individuals will receive rations provided by the Government of Pakistan at the e-service center.
Required documents for registering in the Ehsaas Ration Program include:
1. National Identity Card (CNIC)
2. Household gas and electricity bills
3. Utility store bills
4. Monthly ration bills
5. List of family members
FAQs regarding the Ehsaas Rashan Program:
1. What is the Ehsaas Rashan Program?
– The Ehsaas Rashan Program is a government initiative in Pakistan designed to provide essential rations to those in need, particularly the impoverished.
2. How can one register for the Ehsaas Rashan Program?
– To register for the Ehsaas Rashan Program, send your CNIC to 8123. Alternatively, you can register online by visiting the Ehsaas Rashan portal.
3. Who is eligible for the Ehsaas Rashan Program?
– Eligible individuals include the elderly (Buzurg), widowed women, disabled persons, and those receiving financial aid from BISP (Benazir Income Support Program).
4. What is 8123?
– 8123 is the registration code for the Ehsaas Rashan Program.
5. How can one obtain ration through the program?
– Ration distribution can be accessed at e-khidmat centers.